The present church was built in 1815 on the site where there had been a church since 1636. Inside are several interesting plaques and one of the four remaining central communion tables in Scotland. In the churchyard are to be found some notable gravestones. At the north east end there used to be an outside staircase to the miner's gallery, now demolished.
Produced by Carsphairn Heritage Group
DAC, “Carsphairn Church,” Carsphairn Archive, accessed December 4, 2023, https://carsphairn.org/CarsphairnArchive/items/show/3384.