Carsphairn Archive

Schoolhouse / Shooting Lodge at Woodhead Mine

Item

PC_113.jpg
PC_113B.jpg

Title

Schoolhouse / Shooting Lodge at Woodhead Mine

Description

Taken in 1886 this sepia photo shows the schoolhouse turned into a shooting lodge after the closure of the leadmine at Woodhead in 1873. It was built as the school in 1843 for the children of the miners. All that remains of the building now is the facade. See Heritage Trail no 3.
Copy of Photo_150

Identifier

PC_113

Date

1886

Publisher

Produced by Carsphairn Heritage Group

Collection

Citation

DAC, “Schoolhouse / Shooting Lodge at Woodhead Mine,” Carsphairn Archive, accessed February 25, 2024, https://carsphairn.org/CarsphairnArchive/items/show/3383.