Carsphairn Archive

Carsphairn Kirk - A Church in the Heart of The Hills

This is a digital reproduction of our exhibition shown in 1990 in Lagwyne Hall and 2015 at The Heritage Centre.

Although 2015 was the bicentenary year of the present Church in Carsphairn, its roots began at a much earlier date. A number of early crosses, found in and around the area, hint at an early Church presence in the parish, but it was with the building of the first Church on the current site in 1636 that our story begins.

Credits

KH, DSB