Photographs - Churches

Title

Photographs - Churches

Collection Items

Church interior - windows
Back: Interior of Carsphaim church in the late 1950s. Photo by Andrew Shearer, Ayr.

Church interior - pews
Back: Interior of Carsphaim church in the late 1950s. Photo by Andrew Shearer, Ayr.

Willie Dickson and William Dickie outside church with replica communion tokens.
Made by Mr Dickie for the 350th anniversary of the Parish

Visit of Moderator of General Assembly, 1990, on the occasion of the 350" anniversary of the Parish of Carsphairn
Front row, L-R: William Dickson; Agnes Dickson; Reverend M.L. Hutchison, Moderator of Presbytery; Right Reverend William J.G. McDonald, Moderator of the General Assembly; Reverend John Miller, minister of Carsphairn with Dalry. Back row, L-R: John…

Carsphairn Church interior
Black and white

Carsphairn Church exterior
Black and white

Fete at Carsphairn manse
Mr & Mrs Allan (Free Church Minister) & their daughter Bessie (2nd from right); 3rd from left Mrs Jean McMillan; 5th from left Mr & Mrs McNaughton; 3rd from right, kneeling, Charles McMillan

Miner's gallery, Carsphairn Church
Gallery removed early 1930's

Carsphairn Church
With stairs to miner's gallery

Carsphairn Church
With stairs to miner's gallery

Rev. Sievewright's 25 years at Carsphairn
1950 (2 copies) Back row – Rev Sumners (Parton), Mrs McMillan, Mr Wood, Mr Borwick, Mr G McMillan, Mr J Murray, Rev Mullo-Weir (Dalry). Front Row – Mrs Seivewright, Mr C E Stewart, Mrs Buchanan, Rev Seivewright (Carsphairn)

Rev. J Alexander's Retiral
Willie Dickson, Granny Belford, Rev and Mrs Alexander

Carsphairn Kirk
Carsphairn Kirk taken from the Kirkyard

Opening Dedication Service of UF Church 1894
Congregation standing outside

Carsphairn Church Bell
Carsphairn Church Bell

Woman’s Guild Trip to Mrs Sievewright’s home at Blairgowrie
Back row - Miss K Blythe, Mrs McMorran, Mrs Bell, Mrs Templeton, Miss Howatson, Mrs McCutcheon, Mrs Dickson, Mrs Murray, Miss Jardine, Miss Alexander, Mrs McIlwraith, Mrs Fulton, Mrs Williamson, Miss Tait, Mrs Belford Sen., Mrs Richardson, Mrs Bell,…

Carsphairn Church, sandstone font
Font presented by guild in 1949. Inscription reads: THIS BAPTISMAL FONT AND ELECTRIC LIGHT INSTALLATION WERE PRESENTED TO THIS CHURCH BY THE WOMAN’S GUILD AND DEDICATED TO THE GLORY of GOD ON SUNDAY 4°" DECEMBER 1949

List of Ministers including Ministers of the United Free Church
Parish Ministers at Carsphairn -1637 J Adamson, 1638 Hugh Henderson, 1646 John Semple, 1664 Norman McKenzie MA, 1666 David McQuerne MA, 1669 Thomas Colden MA, 1672 John Semple, 1672 William Erskine MA, 1677 John Gilchrist, 1684 Peter Peirson MA, 1688…

Carsphairn Church, top of font with inscription
Font presented by guild in 1949. Inscription reads: THIS BAPTISMAL FONT AND ELECTRIC LIGHT INSTALLATION WERE PRESENTED TO THIS CHURCH BY THE WOMAN’S GUILD AND DEDICATED TO THE GLORY of GOD ON SUNDAY 4°" DECEMBER 1949

Carsphairn Church, collection ladels
These are used to reach the end of the rows when taking the collection
View all 73 items