Skip to main content
About us
How to use the archive
Neighbouring archives
Our Collections
Online Exhibitions
Online Inventory
View Map
About us
How to use the archive
Neighbouring archives
Our Collections
Online Exhibitions
Online Inventory
View Map
Search using this query type:
Keyword
Boolean
Exact match
Search only these record types:
Item
File
Collection
Exhibit
Advanced Search (Items only)
Submit
Carsphairn Kirk - A Church in the Heart of The Hills
Early Church History
Foundation of the Parish
Ministers of Carsphairn Church
1637 James / John Adamson
1638 Hugh Henderson
1646 John Semple
1664 Norman Mackenzie MA
1666 David McQuerne MA
1669 Thomas Colden MA
1672 William Erskine MA
1677 John Gilchrist
1684 Peter Pierson MA
1688 Alexander Stephen MA
1690 Andrew Cameron
1694 John Reid MA
1737 Andrew Reid
1756 Willliam Boyd
1773 John Campbell MA
1780 Robert Affleck
1783 Samuel Smith
1793 Robert Gordon
1802 Rev. Henry Correy
1826 Rev. Thomas Cannan
1833 Rev. David Welsh
1869 Rev. John McKay Candlish
1881 Rev. Peter C Findlay MA BD
Newspaper Article- The Carsphairn Clerical Scandal
Carsphairn & the Late Minister
1913 Rev. George Ferrier Andrew MacNaughton
1925 Rev. Wilfrid Robert Sievewright
1961 Rev. John Alexander
1972 Rev. John Robert Miller MA BD
1994 Rev. David Bartholomew (to present)
The Kirkyard at Carsphairn
The Glebe & The Manse - 1745
Heritors' responsibilities in Church Matters
Carsphairn Church Building
Re-opening of Carsphairn Church - 1892
Repairs and Improvements to the Church since 1815
Non-conformist Churches of Carsphairn
Lamloch Free Church
United Presbyterian Church
United Presbyterian Minsters
1897 William Fraser
1912 John M Sibbald MA
1921 James Allan
1924 Thomas Barclay
1928 David Shearer MA
Church Minutes and Accounts
Carsphairn Church Elders
The Beadle
Sunday School
Bible Class
A Religious Test
The Winning Sermon
Communion
Communion Tokens
The Old Bell
Funerals
Church Newletters
Carsphairn Women's Guild
Link between Carsphairn & Dalry Parishes
350th Anniversary of the Founding of Carsphairn Church 1640-1990
1921 James Allan
Mr Allan came in 1921 and retired in 1924.